So much has happened since my last chemo treatment so I am going to take this quiet Saturday morning to catch up my blog.

The week after my first chemo was rough. Not going to lie. Saturday and Sunday were GREAT but then Monday- Thursday were just really rough. I didn’t work anywhere near thirty hours at my job because I literally couldn’t. I didn’t make it through a day without a nap. I went to bed one night at 7:30pm and woke up for work the next morning at 7:00. I was in pain. I cried a lot. There was one night at dinner with my family where I felt like I couldn’t even hold my head up. It was the first time in this whole thing where I told myself, I really don’t want to do this.

Friday was a new day. My very close friend from St. Pete, Courtney, was in town. She came and picked me up and we had a day of great food, shopping, laughs and quality time. She is one of the best people I know. It made me feel normal. We also went and saw Bad Moms at AMC. I cried from laughter.

Sunday I left for vacation with my boo. This week we should have been in Seattle but since that plan got ruined we had to settle on somewhere much closer. We chose to go explore Atlanta and Savannah. Sunday was spent at the Georgia Aquarium (after a hot dog at the Varsity). I thoroughly enjoyed getting to see the different exhibits and different kinds of creatures. My favorite thing was the dolphin show. It is so amazing to me all the things they can teach animals to do. After we has done and see it all, we went across the street to Olympic Park. We caught lots of Pokemon and tried to stay out of the heat. Lucky for us, there was a Ruth’s Chris right at the park and I don’t turn down steak so that is where we decided on for dinner. I love eating at fancy restaurants every once in a while. It makes me feel…fancy. We split a giant ribeye that comes out on a 500 degree plate with sizzling hot butter. No lie. I highly recommend. After dinner I was on the hunt for peach cobbler so after some research on our phones we found a place close by that was highly praised for their peach cobbler. Sweet Georgia’a Juke Joint. We ordered our desserts to go but the venue was very cool. They had live jazz music and everyone was dressed in their absolute best.

Monday we did even more touristy things. We went to the Dwarf House. For those of you who don’t know- I went to the OG Chick-fil-a. The place life began. After lunch we went to Ikea. I’m a sucker for a good Ikea trip. This Ikea was in a super cool neighborhood called Atlantic Station. Its a newly developed shopping, office and residential area. I bought a new bathrobe and some silverware for my brother who recently moved into his own place. LOVE Ikea. After Ikea we loaded up back into the car and jetted off to Savannah ( I wore my robe in the car). The thing I like about Savannah is how yo can walk to wherever you need to go. It’s a beautiful, historic town. It reminds me of a mix of St. Augustine minus the ocean and a cleaner New Orleans ( don’t get me wrong, I LOVE New Orleans). We walked around River Street going in and out of little shops. One was a candy store. They made homemade pralines and chocolate covered strawberries. Naturally, we got some of each. DELICIOUS. But afterwards we were in need of some air conditioning and something salty so we found our way into Barracuda Bob’s. Let me just tell you, some of the best crab cakes I have ever had in my life. Two words: Old Bay. After a little more walking around it was dinner time. We decided on River House Seafood. I can’t turn down fresh seafood. Another plus, one of my best friends recently moved to Statesboro which is just a short drive away from Savannah so he met us for dinner that night.

Tuesday we started the day with a nice brunch in Savannah at B. Matthews Eatery. It was exactly my kind of brunch. A pancake, sausage patties and biscuits and gravy. After brunch we headed to Forsyth park. A beautiful park in historic Savannah with nature trails and canopy walk ways, lined with some of Savannah’s most beautiful homes.

We decided to head back to Tallahassee after that but not without stopping in Jacksonville first. We ate a Angie’s subs and went and put out feet in the Atlantic.

Traveling has become our “thing”. Some couples have a TV show that they watch together and talk about or collect something together. Ours is going places. It is what gives me something to look forward to. It is what  enjoy spending my money on. It makes me feel thrilled and excited and most of all, through all of this, it makes me feel normal.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s